Individual / Private Client Services
“One-on-One” Client Relationship
Communication is key to a successful relationship, and every client should have direct access to the people who actually make the investment decisions. A client should have the same type of relationship with the investment advisor as he/she has with an accountant, an attorney, or a doctor.
Our staff is very familiar with each of our clients’ needs, and most issues are handled within 24 hours. In fact, we are one of the few investment firms that still do “house calls”, in which clients can meet with our staff in the privacy of their home.
Winans Investment’s services are customized to meet the client’s ever-changing needs in an ever-changing economic climate.
Initial Work for New Clients:
- We conduct a preliminary performance analysis of all existing investments. This often includes an examination possible tax implications and mutual fund costs associated with the portfolio.
- In conjunction which advice from other financial advisors a five-year investment strategy is developed and implemented over all financial assets.
- Assistance is provided in selecting the brokerage house(s) that will best serve the portfolio’s needs based on investment types listed in the investment strategy on the Client Proposal & Information Form.
- We oversee the administrative paperwork needed to transfer accounts and to manage the investments.
On-Going Duties for Clients:
- Through our proprietary research and computer processes, we identify new or replacement investments for each client based on their individual investment strategy and overall market conditions.
- We monitor existing investments on a daily basis and execute trades in order to take profits or limit loses in light of each client’s investment goals and the current investment climate.
- Our staff implements special client requests such as: honoring client investment restrictions, monitoring client-directed investments, coordinating investments among multiple accounts, holding required cash reserves and providing special research at a client’s request.
- Near the end of each year, we implement tax reduction strategies for present and future years by selling investments currently at a significant loss and rotating into other investments that have higher potential.
- Our staff coordinates, with the brokerage houses that hold our client’s investments, on handling most of the administrative issues regarding our clients such as account document flow, voting corporate proxies, filing for shareholder class action lawsuits, etc.
- Every quarter we provide a performance analysis of investments called the “Portfolio Overview”. This all-inclusive report takes the information provided by the brokerage houses on all the accounts being managed for the client and combines it into one report that makes it easy to follow the progress being made in reaching the established 5-year goals.
- Our staff is very familiar with our client’s needs, and most issues are handled within 24 hours. In fact, we are one of the few firms that still make “house calls”, in which clients can meet with our staff in the privacy of their home or office.
- WI stores most client records in both digital and paper format for perpetuity.
“Easy to Read” Investment Reports
Our “Portfolio Overview” performance report is all-inclusive and easy to follow. In fact, investment related tax information is provided quarterly, so that clients and their accountants can plan accordingly. We think it is one of the best reports in the industry!
Unlike hidden, and often excessive, fees charged by many mutual funds and investment management programs offered through brokerage houses, our fees are straightforward and are billed on a percentage of assets or on an hourly basis. In addition, our fees are posted on the front page of our Portfolio Overview each quarter, so that our clients can easily review them.
Click here for a copy of WI’s Form ADV for fee information.
Liaison With Custodians & Other Advisors
Our staff coordinates, with the brokerage house custodians that hold our client’s investments, on handling most of the administrative issues regarding our clients such as account document flow, voting corporate proxies, filing for shareholder class action lawsuits, etc.
Our staff collaborate with our clients’ other advisors, including accountants, attorneys, pension administrators and insurance agents, allowing us to develop an all-encompassing strategy through all phases of the financial process.
Through the years we have developed an extensive network of professionals in many areas of finance, and have been able to further help our clients beyond our normal duties. These areas include: retirement plan formation, foundation formation, business formation, etc.
Each client has their own individual Tamarac client portal, which allows them access to all their accounts, showing a breakdown of each one, their quarterly reports, custodian statements, market updates, etc. The client portal is a one stop shop.